Thursday, August 31, 2006

Practice Run


My name is Brooke and I'm addicted to fiber. Never thougt I would be one to say that, but alas, it is true. I am currently working on a few projects, a scarf, some socks, a cabled purse and a Joey Ramone doll. The project of the day is the scarf. I could no longer resist all temptation to start it, and I think you can see why from looking at the yarn and beads! I picked up a skein of this beautiful yarn from a small yarn shop in Maryville, Tennessee. I believe it's called the Knitting Nest. The shop owner was great! We compared tattoos- you gotta love that! Anyways, I digress...This yarn is called Silk Rhapsody by Art Yarns. It's 100% Silk and 70%Kid Mohair/30% Silk. I cannot begin to describe how delicious it is! I can't stop petting it!! The yarn is eventually going to be turned into a beaded scarf, using the green glass size 6 beads shown in the photo. I wanted a contrast and think I found what I was looking for with these beads. Life is calling and I must answer. More later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home