Thursday, September 14, 2006

A Good Day to Dye

Yippee!! Hoo-ray!! My dyes are here! *big grin* I ordered a whole bunch of Jacquard acid dye, 12 eight oz. jars to be exact, and they arrived on my doorstep last night from Dharma Trading Co. Needless to say, I grabbed the only dyeable fiber in the house right now and did some test runs on two colors, Salmon and Periwinkle. I'm going to handpaint the Kona Superwash that is shown in the picture, sometime tomorrow. Eli insisted on helping out with the stacking for the photo, so I just had to oblige. Hey, don't knock child labor! Kidding, of course! ...or am I?




Here's a few pictures I took during the whole process. I can't wait for my BIG order of yarn and fiber to show up, so I can dye the crap out of everything! Muaahahaha... *evil laughter*





I really like the way the purple skein turned out, of course, but the jury is still out on good ol' Salmon...not quite sure what to make of the yarn in all it's orange gloriousness...the color makes me think of construction cones and those hideous bright orange knit hats that hunters wear in the winter. Lovely...

On another note, I just signed up for the Secret Pal 9 and can I just tell you that I CANNOT wait to start! I've had a great time going down the Participant's List, checking out who is signed up for this one. There's quite an array of individuals, from all walks of life. It's such a cool idea. This is my first go at something like this, so I am eagerly awaiting the match-up.

1 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger knitfriendly said...

I think both of the skeins turned out beautifully! I signed up for SP9 too and I am so excited for it to start. Thanks for visiting my blog! :) ~Amber

 

Post a Comment

<< Home