Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Hooray for things in baskets!

Yesterday, the yarn fairy paid a visit to my house. She looked surprisingly like the postman *grin* Well, OK, so it wasn't the yarn fairy, but it was pretty darn close. My mom sent me a care package filled with beautiful yarn that she found on sale in Tennessee. She knows how I'm a natural fiber freak, so she wasn't sure if I'd like it or not because of it's fiber content, but it's gorgeous! Blues and purples, soft and fringy...ah, the possibilities... I'm thinking about making a really cool "art" shawl, you know with all kinds of textures and colors in it? I just love possibility, don't you?




I also received this lovely lovely Swish Superwash from Knit Picks, which is going to be used for my super secret project, to be revealed after the recipient of said project receives it. Ooooo, a mystery! I started working on it last night and I am in love with this yarn. It is soooo soft and warm. The color is so vibrant and alive. Poor poor Watercolor socks...you never stood a chance.




The last item in the basket...Eli!! As we were making dinner last night, I turned around and there he was sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor in a blue organizer basket with a big ol' grin on his face! He was so proud of himself! Couldn't resist taking a picture. Isn't he a handsome little devil?


1 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Cary said...

Brooke, Eli is indeed ADORABLE! And what a wonderful mama you have to send you such things that you like ;)

Cary (another Sock-ret pal blogger)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home