Monday, September 11, 2006

Little Known Fact: Spiders Can Knit

Well, I just gotta say how proud I am of my man! Last night, in between watching football and Flavor of Love, I started teaching Jack/AKA Spider, how to knit! He has really picked up the basics quickly and just looks so damn sexy doing it!! The best part of it all, is that I'll be on the receiving end of his finished project, which is going to be a scrumpteous purple and dark blue velour scarf. I'm so excited to know that I'm being gifted with something handmade- that is one of the best things in life! In helping him, I was surprised that I liked the yarn, because unfortunately, I am a natural fiber yarn snob...I think I just may need to reconsider that opinion though...


While he was working on that, I pulled out a ball of merino sockyarn that I had hand dyed a few months ago. I used the hot pour method, which means I basically threw the yarn in a pot with a few pastel colored acid dyes, some vinegar and wala! Cotton Candy "watercolor" yarn! I'm dying (no pun intended) to see how this pair of socks turns out.



I also finished one of my custom tarot card bags today. This one has the gypsy girl playing a tambourine on it. I'm quite happy with the results. I've neglected my sewing for a few weeks and it's time to get back to work.



This is another custom bag that I made for a special someone out in California. I hope she's enjoying it!

2 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger BrookeKnits said...

Howdy. Not sure if I have posted before. I am also Brooke. I want to start a link on my blog of other Brookes who knit. Mind if I add you to my blog?? check out http://knitqmb.blogspirit.com

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Haha! Very cool! Please go ahead and add me! Sounds interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home