Thursday, September 21, 2006

Poolhall Blues

It's Thursday morning and I'm tired. Last night was a Mommie's Night Out at this poolhall called Gatsby's. I went there with the assumption that it would be your everyday run-of-the-mill establishment, and boy, was I way off the mark. This place was swanky- couches, lamps, mahogany bars, Tuscan colored walls and...sushi! Who would have thought to combine those two elements! I'm used to sportsbar-like places, with posters of Nascar drivers, broken down video machines in the corner, scruffy barflys and waitresses named Tina and Roxie...I had a good time with the company I was with, but other than that, this place was not my cup of tea. Not to say that I don't appreciate "the finer" things in life, I do, I'm just not into people who go out of their way to impress other people with the material things that they've accumulated. Plastic people and their shrines to themselves tend to annoy me. I would have been much more at home at a locals only spot that served chicken wings and pitchers of beer. It's kind of nice to be reminded of who you are every once in awhile. Going out of your comfort zone tends to do that.




Yesterday I received my last eagerly awaited package in the mail. I ordered some Lorna's Laces Shepard Sport sockyarn for a pair of socks that I plan on making for Jack. The colorway is very nice. It's called Black Watch. Nice cool shades.

Currently Reading: From Sea to Shining Sea by Alexander Thom

In the DVD Player: Jenifer.
This is a horror genre short story film directed by Dario Argento, out of the Masters of Horror series. I'm not really into horror, but Jack said that I just may like it, so I'm giving it a shot.

On the Needles: Beaded Silk Scarf, my super secret project, Watercolor socks, Jack's socks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home