Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sunday, blessed Sunday

It's Sunday morning and I've just sent the boys to the store for the paper...silence...it's so golden. Well, I do have Wallace and Gromit's Curse of the Were-Rabbit playing on my devilbox... That movie is my one exception to the Silence is Golden Rule! It's incredible the work that went into that film, five years in the making. Stop animation rules! But I digress..

It's been a few days since my last post and in that time, I've made some progress on my beaded scarf. It's been so much fun to make so far. I'm almost halfway done and have gone through about 350 beads. I can't decide if this one will be a keeper or a Christmas gift. Hmmm... I don't think I'll know until I'm done! I'm trying to be unselfish and share with my friends and family, but my array of handknit garments in my own wardrobe still leaves something to be desired. I learned how to knit when I was seven from my mom and grandmother, but the skill lay dormant for 20 + years until I chanced upon it a year ago. I'm now trying to make up for lost time and fill my closets!Another project that I was working on, the Black Purl socks, using Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock, is done!! Woo-hoo!! I l-l-love them! This is officially my third pair of completed socks and I am just so happy I could pee!! Now, I need a cold Arctic breeze to blow through Miami, so that I may start wearing these fabulous creations! What do you think my chances are of that happening? Hmmm, slim to none. That's what I thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home