Wednesday, October 25, 2006

And Now For Some Dwarf Tossing...


Hahaha! I thought this picture was so funny and just had to share it!

My mom also sent me some lovely pictures taken around her house. This one is a view of Tellico Lake on a brooding rainy day. One can almost imagine a solitary canoe slowly making it's way along the lake's edge...




This one is taken off of the bridge right by her house, of the Tellico River in all of it's Autumn glory.



The last shot, I'm not sure where it was taken, but aren't the colors gorgeous? Thanks mom! Keep 'em coming!



I did some knitting last night on my first preemie hat. I'm using some cheapo acrylic yarn, but it's actually not that bad. Go figure. It's quite soft, is a pretty lavender and seems to photograph well! It's for a good cause, so I'll just have to get over myself and put my yarn-snobbery on the back burner for this project. It's amazing how small the hat is! It could be a sock. It throws me back to the time when I could hold Eli's head in the palm of my hand, with room to spare! Wow.



We're off to Eli's circle time this morning. It's his social hour where he gets to run around like a madman. It's good- burn off that energy!! Today the circle leader is doing the letter "C". Not sure exactly what it will be, all I know is that we have to bring an empty egg carton...could get interesting!

2 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger Em said...

What gorgeous, gorgeous pics! More please, miss, when you have time. They are too good.
I understand the yarn snobbery. I've knit hats for chemo patients in our area, and acrylic is a good way to go, easy to care for, usually pretty soft and a variety of interesting colors. Those premie hats will be much appreciated, I'm sure!

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger meg said...

i love that picture of your little one. he's so freaking adorable.

i'm actually thinking of knitting up some premie hats, as well. all the girls in my knitting group here are putting a bunch together to ship off to impoverished countries. they will surely be appreciated wherever they land.

thanks for all your comments. (i'm going to find that perfume so i can give it a try!)

i love that i have a new reader on my blog. and your pics from the trip look gorgeous. i heart autumn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home