Sunday, October 08, 2006

Flannelpalooza

I don't know what it is about Sunday, but it always inspires me to write about my weekend. It definitely wasn't as exciting as last weekend with the birthday party, but I did get a bunch of sewing done. Seeing that we live in a tropical climate, Eli really doesn't have a whole lot of cold weather clothes, so I decided to make him a few pairs of flannel pajama bottoms for the trip to Tennessee. The first pair, the blue ones with the animals are a little bit long, but that's OK, because we just roll them up and he can grow into them. I found that getting a good hem on a toddler traveling at the speed of sound is virtually impossible!!



I used them as a guide for my second pair though, and they turned out perfect. I think I'm going to make a matching robe for him. I'm currently making matching Pajama pants for his daddy- they'll look so cute together! Awwww... *grin* There is something so rewarding about seeing my child running around in clothes that I made for him. It's really cool, actually. It brings you back to the basics.



I haven't done a whole lot of knitting this weekend. I finally frogged my project in need of frogging and 4800 stitches later, I'm still breathing! Now I have to conquer the fear of starting again. Must remember: knitting is relaxing... :) Thank you Charlotte and Em for your words of encouragement!

I did a little bit on my Watercolor socks. I'm officially on the heel flap. Woo-hoo!! I'm coming up to my favorite part in sock making (besides finishing the second sock), and that is turning the heel. It's still magic to me. I don't think that will ever get old. On another note, I'm hoping the yarn that I ordered for my Sock-ret Pal's socks will arrive tomorrow and I can get started on them. They would be a nice project to bring to Tennessee.

I'm also more than half-way through the zombie book and I actually like it. Weird. It's not as gory blood and guts as I thought it would be. It deals more with the human condition and the triumphs and the tragedies that go along with it. There are also a lot of "what-if" scenarios that make you wonder what you would do in the same situation. It's very interesting. Who would've thought.

Currently Reading: World War Z by Max Brooks

In the DVD Player: Off the Map- this is a GREAT movie starring Sam Elliot and Joan Allen. It's about a family that lives in New Mexico, living on $5000 a year. There is a free-spirit quality about it that drew me in immediately. The cinamatography is gorgeous. The movie makes me want to sell everything, pay off my debt and build a mud hut in the desert!! haha! I could just sit there and knit and sew all damn day long...well, it might be a bit uncomfortable without air conditioning...OK, a mud hut with A/C. Now we're talking!!




On the Needles: Same ol' stuff. Where art thou, o' yarn coming in the mail?

1 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Blogger Em said...

The TN Vols thank you! We're certain your presence in the state last weekend helped spur us on to a HUGE victory against the Bulldogs. Never mind the game was played in Georgia... Go Vols!
Deep breaths on the frogging. Believe me, after this weekend, I feel your pain. But you're right- knitting is relaxing. We wouldn't do it otherwise, right? RIGHT?
*Pause for deep breaths*
Sorry 'bout that. Anyway.
Great pics of your adorable bab-o! Gorgeous jimjams!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home