Sunday, October 01, 2006

Frogging Pooh Pooh

It's Sunday morning and time for the weekend recap. It's been pretty good so far, pretty full of activity. Yesterday, I dyed 8 skeins in the morning and they turned out gorgeous!! They are currently drying, waiting to be skeined. I achieved some really rich color combinations and am so pleased with the results. Color just makes my toes curl :)




In the afternoon, Jack, Eli and I headed over to my friend Mitzi's house, for her daughter's first birthday party. There were soooo many people there- we'd been to smaller parties in high school! There was a bouncehouse, a clown, face-painting, a cotton candy maker, a popcorn machine, tubs of beer and wine (woo-hoo!), and this fantastic catered food, Cuban style. It was really good- I wish I knew what I was eating! I can't wait to see what this little girl's Sweet Sixteen will be like! Mitzi and Dennis did a fantastic job.

Eli was semi interested in the emaciated Pooh character, so we strategically placed him for his photo op! Looks really into it, huh?




Afterwards, he insisted on demonstrating his champion chair stacking skills. He's quite gifted! *grin*




Winding down the evening, I finished my book, The Ruins, and came to a few conclusions:
1) I did enjoy it, even though it wasn't my typical read.
2) I don't think I want to go to Mexico anytime soon, no way senorita!
3) I am now going to be eyeing all of my plants a little bit more suspiciously- I caught myself doing it this morning when I was out on the back porch, watering the aloe and lavender!!

Today, I will be mentally preparing myself for some serious frogging later on. *Cringe.....* I will be retreating to my Fortress of Solitude with my super secret project, which I super seriously messed up. Arrrgggggggggg!!! I found out the other night how far knitting really does fly! :) Well, let's just say, I've been working on a lace pattern for a few weeks and now I'll be unworking on it- *crying* Ah well, it had to happen sooner or later, right? This is my first serious frog project. It had to come sooner or later, right?

2 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger Em said...

What a great weekend! Did anyone force feed Pooh Bear? He certainly needed it!
Oh, the pain of the frog! Too, too bad, but you'll be even better at this pattern the second time around- at least that's what I always tell myself.
Thanks for the good Vol wishes, especially as you're in Gator, Hurricanes, and Seminole land. We Vols love the Floridians who love our team even more!

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Knatty Knitter said...

OMG, your wool looks amazing!! i dont even know how you would go about starting that...the colours are so brilliant and true :) *Suffering Antelope, Batman...Pari wants me some of that*

Was just wondering how you were, hadnt heard from you in awhile...ive been very lazy bout blogging but i swear I will soon!

Beautiful kid by the by :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home