Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Scary Things and Not-So-Scary Things

Ahhh, I'm a coward...I have yet to frog and my project sits there mocking me!! I don't know what my major hang-up is. I know this is my first frogging attempt, but come on now :) *hanging head in shame* I'm doing it tonight, no if's and's or but's about it!! It's funny how something so small can become so large in your brain. Talk about prolonging the agony...

Some good stuff: Eli and I went to Chuck E Cheese the other day, for the first time, and mannnna, is that place cool or what! We had a blast! He is still at the age where it's affordable to go there, so it didn't bankrupt us. Jack went online and found one in Knoxville, so we'll be making a family pilgrimage to worship at the alter of rat when we're in Tennessee. Woo-hoo!! I love being a kid again!! I'm finding that's one of the perks of having children. Good stuff. Makes up for the diaper changes and teething :)






We're stranded at home today :( Sharing a car has it's benefits (less money on gas, maintenance, good for the environment, yadda, yadda) but on days when you had things planned, and end up carless, it sucks. Eli and I are supposed to be going over to a friends house for finger-painting and circle-time with some other wee munchkins, but alas, no car. That's OK though. We can still walk to Toys R' us and Best Buy...and we can fingerpaint with ketchup and mustard on the kitchen floor (I think there's still some there from last night's dinner- TOTALLY kidding of course...and I can shop online for my Sock-ret Pal. I love getting packages in the mail, even if they're not for me!! *grin* I can still pretend! Last, but not least, I can take on of these fabulous patterns that I got on sale at JoAnn's and create some glorious monstrosity to oh so proudly wear down the runway in my livingroom (Jack says I still don't know how to "say when" when I'm creating anything- I go overboard on sparklies and beads and ribbon, etc.) I think I'll make a bag...




Currently Reading: World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War, by Max Brooks
Hmmm...another book I wouldn't normally read. Am I detecting a trend here? Jack is the most surprised by this one, because he knows of my above average zombiephobia. Ever since I was a little girl of 9, spending weekends with my dad in a big rural Pennsylvania farmhouse, I've been freaked out by zombies. For some unknown reason, he thought it was OK for me to watch Night of the Living Dead. Wrong Answer pal. I still can't watch that movie to this day! So there's some background to it. I myself can't believe I'm reading the book.




In the DVD Player: Failure to Launch (2006) with Matthew McCaunaghy and Sarah Jessica Parker.

On the Needles: Same ol' projects. I'm waiting for my sockyarn order so that I can start on my Sockret Pal's socks. I hope I've chosen the right color and pattern for her. I'm going with Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Blackberry and I'm going to do some sort of cabled pattern. I think they'll turn out gorgeous!! I loooooove the color of this yarn and hope she will too. Her tastes are different from mine, so I'm learning how to think/shop through someone else's eyes. It's pretty cool. You know me and my comfort zone theory! It's good to go beyond it.


3 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Blogger Knatty Knitter said...

that is some beautiful wool right there!! I adore colours like that so I'm sure your sockret pal will too :) actually its the colour of my Da's car, he let me little sister pick for him when he got a new company car and she said blackberries...I'm sure it'll make even more beautiful socks than a car ;)

KK

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Knatty Knitter said...

oh man, did i go overboard?! didnt mean too but im a gemini and its so darn hard to choose one thing!! hope my pal doesnt mind...wow, im really not good at being brief!

KK

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Em said...

What a gorgeous yarn for your Sockret Pal! Lucky! (Said exactly like Napoleon Dynamite with eyes closed and mouth stuck out funny.) I've got some ideas but no actual purchases- must start soon.
You're going to be in TENNESSEE! So exciting. I don't think we'll be back before Christmas, so again-LUCKY!
Good luck with the frogging- maybe festive music would help and snacks- like a little party. A sad, heartbreaking, little party...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home