Thursday, October 05, 2006

Secret Pal 9 Questionaire

Hello Secret Pal! Here you go!


1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love Lorna's Laces, Socks That Rock, Mountain Colors Bearfoot, any superwash wool, Silk. I've haven't tried any Noro yet or bamboo, but it is on my must-do list! I'm reeeally addicted to sock knitting right now, but I do branch out and do other projects every once in awhile. Fibers that I absolutely don't like: one word (or is it two?) 100% acrylic. Squeeky yarn freaks me out ;P

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? haha!! Right now they reside in a big jumble in a plastic tub in my bedroom!

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I learned how to knit when I was 7, from my mom and my grandmother. I kept with it for a few years, then discovered boys. It was all downhill from there. Just kidding! I picked it back up seriously, about a year ago. I would consider myself an intermediate knitter. I can perform all the stitches (whether they're correct or not, who knows!), I can make socks, sweaters, etc., but have yet to attempt a "true" lace pattern. When I say "true", I'm talking something out of the book, A Gathering of Lace, with laceweight yarn. I attempted the Super Spiral Shawl a few months ago and it didn't go so well :) I'm working a lace pattern now, but it's a bit different with worsted weight yarn! I'm now wondering if I really know what I'm talking about... :)

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yup. Here it is: http://amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=yourlists_pop_1/104-7916770-5060761
I also have an eQuilter.com wishlist: I think all you have to do is enter my email address to do a search.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)My favorite scent is Nag Champa. I also like Lavender, Warm spicy scents, Apple, Creamsicle, Vanilla mixed with other fragrences. The only scent that I really don't care for is a heavy floral.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I don't have much of a sweet tooth. I'm not a big fan of candy or chocolate. I do love coffee, though. It's a must have every morning in my house!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I sew. I've been making bags and clothes for my family lately. I also quilt, do cross-stitch, dye yarn, do beadwork, and yes, I am learning to spin. Whew!!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)I listen mainly to folk/acoustic rock- Ani Difranco, Rusted Root, Ray Lamontagne, anything bluegrass, I also like "bluesy" music, new age and celtic instrumentals. I think my computer could play a burned CD.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I just plain ol' love color. The only colors that I don't care for are pastels and plain grey. Grey is a nice complimet to other colors, just not alone.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am a stay-at-home mom. My son is almost 19 months old and is the joy of my life. My boyfriend's name is Jack and he is a wonderful father and partner. We have one cat. His name is Sam- he's a 13 year old siamese and is sweet as can be.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Unfortunately, I don't get to wear any of that stuff! Well, maybe once a year when I visit my mom in Tennessee! I really only get to wear the socks and bags that I make. I am going to try linen and cotton one of these days to make a camosaule/tank-top. (sp?)

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Socks, socks, socks! :P

13. What are you knitting right now? Socks (go figure), a super secret Christmas/Yule gift, a beaded silk/mohair scarf. I'll be starting up another pair of socks shortly.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Handmade gifts are one of my all-time favorite things on this planet. I also believe in using them proudly, rather than just looking at them.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like both straight and circs. I prefer bamboo and wood, but am dying to try a pair of Addi Turbos (sp?)

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Nope. Hopefully I'll be aquiring them around the holidays *grin*

17. How old is your oldest UFO? 5 months

18. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween, of course!! Better known as Samhain (pronounced Sow-wen)

19. Is there anything that you collect? I'm collecting purple fabric right now for my upcoming patchwork quilt for my bed. I also collect sparkly things- beads, jewelry, junk- I don't really care what it is as long as it shines and I can make something out of it :)

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I would love to try Noro, Glitter Alpaca by Cherry Tree Hill, Cashmerino- Debbie Bliss. Anything really! I've been dying to get my hands on some of Nancy Bush's sock knitting books. I don't have any mag subscriptions, but I do love reading Vogue Knitting.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I think I'd like to learn how to seam really well. I'd also like to learn Fair Isle.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? My foot circumference is 8" and my shoe size is US9.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) Jan 25th.

Whew!! That's alot of info! My fingers are cramping up!! :P

1 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Blogger Knatty Knitter said...

I love Halloween too...otherwise knows as All Hallows Eve back in pagan Ireland days...and then the next days All Saints Day so people can chill out with the holy peeps instead of the zombies! but you know all that ;)

And you made fun of me for my details answers :P

It's all pretty exciting for me, first time and all that. Just got my parcel from a Rachel with the stuff I won...lovely self stripping wool and a hardback knittin book..sweet!
and my sockret pal had been writing to me, but she makes it all rhyme!!! hope your having as much fun as me :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home