Thursday, October 26, 2006

Socks and Stones

Not too much going on today, so I thought I'd share a progress picture of my Sock-ret Pal's pair o' socks. She supposedly doesn't know my secret spy identity, so I'm presuming it's OK to post it. I switched from Lorna's Laces to this awesome hand painted superwash sockyarn that I found at the yarn shop in Maryville. The colors are GORGEOUS. Oh mannnnna, do I want to keep this pair...but I won't. I'm using the baby cable pattern from the book, Sensational Knitted Socks. Love this book!




I'm also posting a picture of a medicine bag that I knit using wool directly off my drop spindle. I spun the wool then proceeded to knit the bag right off of the spindle using a live twist- single plyed yarn. Using a live twist creates a beautifully textured yarn- very alive- very "old worlde" looking. I keep my small treasure bottle of garnet chips in it. (my birthsone)



F.Y.I. Garnet is a stone of health, extracting negative energy from the chakras and transmuting the energy to a beneficial state. It has been used as a sacred stone by the Native American Indians, the South American Indians, the Aztecs, the African Tribal Elders and the Mayan. It has also been known as the stone of commitment-devotion, love and understanding. This stone produces an energy which is predisposed to discourage chaotic, disruptive and disorganized growth. (source: Love is in the Earth by Melody- highly recommended book!) This has been a public service announcement :P

That's about it for today :)

1 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Em said...

Thanks for the PSA! Always lovely to read about knitting AND learn at the same time.
Those socks look delicious, I imagine it will be hard to be parted from them. But the cause, remember the Sockret Pal cause.
My first package went out to my Pal and I'm nearly certain- by nearly I mean 110%- that she will know who it is from. Especially as I have commented on her blog both as me and as her Pal to throw her off the trail (and no, I'm clearly not your pal!) Oh, how that clever plan has gone awry!
Have a faaabulous weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home