Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Stuff

Woo-hoo!!!! I am bigger than my knitting!! I have beaten it into submission! I've shown it who's boss...well, OK...maybe that's a bit of a stretch :) My project is up and running again. Not only did I frog 4800 stitches and live to tell about it, I learned how to fix an ENORMOUS hole that I created while putting the stitches back on the needle. The moral of the story is: We fall, so that we may learn to pick ourselves up again. This experience has allowed me to experience frustration, anxiety and stress, yet it has helped me with my patience, perseverence, and given me such a sense of pride when I tackled this obstacle. I'm now back in my "I love knitting- knitting is relaxing" warm fuzzy place. Yay!

I'm stilllllllllllllllllllllll waiting for my sock yarn. Why is it that it always takes so long, when you really want something from the Postal Service? Maybe I should just stop thinking about it and it will appear. If it doesn't show up soon though, the postman is going to become my hostage- JUST KIDDING (in case Big Brother is watching ;) I'm not paranoid or anything... *grin*

I finished one of my tarot bags last night for my friend in California and I'm really happy with how it turned out. I hope she likes it just as much!




I also finished my zombie book and am on to the next installation of my doom and gloom literary tour. I think after this book, I'll be out of this phase and probably need a good dose of happy.

Currently Reading: The Road by Cormac McCarthy
This is the story of a man and his boy and their survival after a nuclear holocaust. This was written by the same author who wrote All the Pretty Horses. So far, it's a quick read and out of all of my recent books, this one is written with eloquence. There are parts that make you stop and chew on the words for a bit. His writing is simple and gorgeous at the same time. It has received high reviews across the board.




In the DVD Player: Fun With Dick and Jane with Jim Carrey and Tia Leonney (2005)

2 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger Knatty Knitter said...

that is an amazingly beautiful bag!! does it have tarot cards inside it? i've always been curious about tarot but don't really know much about it and if it really is reliable?

congrats on the frogging...mind over knitting!!

Parisa x

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger cecily said...

hey, i just wanted to make sure you got your new SP info. could you please email me back? thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home