Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Newsflash!! I'm So-o-o-o Excited...


I just got home and was checking my email and was surprised to find an invite from the girls at the Miami Craft Mafia to be one of their vendors at the 3rd annual Black Sheep Craft Fair on Dec. 17th in Dania Beach, Florida !!!!! Heck yeah!!!! I have approximately one month to hand dye/paint 100 skeins of yarn, come up with a sock pattern to give away as a freebie, make 20-30 sets of stitch markers (Jack has graciously offered to help with these), finish my logo, print up business cards, sew 10 needle rolls and 10 sockyarn bags, and put together 5-10 complete sock knitting gift baskets (yarn, needles, stitch markers, pattern, sockyarn bag). Hmmm...can I do it?

I have the utmost confidence that I can do this...now...let's see how I'm doing two weeks from now, when I'm ripping my hair out and cursing the heavens. This will be my first "real" arts festival and I'm a bit nervous, because I'll be rolling with the big dogs in Miami! Time for me to get off the porch :) Yes I know that sounded reeeeally corny, but I couldn't help myself.

Oh, and Em, yes I knew that was you over at Etsy *smile* Thank you so much. It was a nice surprise to "see" you there! I sent you your discount, so check your email :)

4 Comments:

At 5:12 AM, Blogger Em said...

CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting! Of course you can do it, and I'll bet you'll be even better since you won't have months to stew over it and put it off (as I do with anything I have lots of time over!).
Could you BE (as Chandler would say) anymore generous? Good grief. Not that I don't accept. This time. But next time, I insist you try and make a little profit!
I'll have to add a "where I shop" bar to my blog. Wonder who I'll list first...
YEA Brooke!

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger meg said...

great news! congrats - you'll be able to get it all done and will feel soo good when you do.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger BrookeKnits said...

Congrats! what a great opportunity for you!

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger ragamufyn said...

hoorey!

we can't wait to see you there!

ps.. i have little hair left myself and i plan on being almost bald by the time of the show!

--Heather
www.ragamufyn.com
www.mamadelic.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home