Saturday, November 18, 2006

A Quick Hello!

Hello! I've been running on over-drive for the past few days now, but I need to stop for a moment to give a big Thank You to my Sock-ret Pal, Charlotte! I got home the other day to find this in the mail:




WOW!!! I couldn't get over it! It's a GORGEOUS, totally cool lace shawl pattern, which is the perfect project for a dragon lover like myself. I have been coveting this pattern ever since I saw it, and it just so happens that Charlotte is in a spinning group with the designer, so she not only sent the pattern, but had it signed personally to me by the designer Sharon Winsauer of Aurora Alpacas. (I hope this is the correct link) Thank-you, thank-you! This going to be my next project once the holidays are over and the craft fair is under my belt.

I also recieved the rest of my Knit One Crochet Too Tartelette ribbon yarn in the mail from Anjte, the owner of THE cutest yarn shop in Maryville, Tennessee, The Knitting Nest. I was so happy she still had it in stock, because I made the classic mistake of not buying enough for a project. I lucked out this time...Another lesson learned and another project for a later date:)




Today, I'll be dyeing another 10 skeins, but here are five that I just finished winding. I'll be posting them later on Etsy, but for now they're lounging in the morning sunshine, soaking up some good energy:) I'm partial to the Yule/Christmas one on the left. It's actually a little bit darker than the photo shows. I think I'm going to make more of this colorway for the craft fair.




Well, back to work for me. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Knatty Knitter said...

like most things in life, it wasnt as bad as it was in your head!! I got away with it, I think, but I really need to pull my socks up. If only they were hand knit to make it easier...:) I'm working on it though.

You groovy Ma, you! the craft fair sounds incredible and your new yarn colourways are lovely. you are going to know them dead!!

did you got me email on myspace? hope it was helpful. if your Ma wants anymore info, let me know :)

blogging on Sunday, stay tuned!

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger BrookeKnits said...

Love the yarn! How lucky to have an autographed pattern! Go YOU!!

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Em said...

What a lovely Pal you have! Is that Charlotte like the spider? That's Some Knitter!
My yarn came (in case you haven't checked the twelve places I post and noticed!) and it's great. Truly stunning. I cannot wait to knit it- I mean send it to my pal.
Good luck with all the dyeing! (How weird does that sound? Almost as weird as- do you have enough needles?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home