Saturday, November 04, 2006

Wow- Thank you so much!!!

So, I was just sitting around today, not doing much, trying to decide which project I was going to work on when the postman did a little rat-a-tat-tat on my door (that's supposed to be the sound of knocking, not gunfire) and delivered into my hands this loverly package. Of course I required help from my assistant in opening it!




And then he helped coax it out of it's packaging for me...notice the gentle coaxing :)




And wallah!! This is what we found...




Thank you so much Charlotte, my Sock-ret Pal extraordinaire. If I could give you a big hug right now, I would. The thoughtfulness of this package was right on the mark. It comes from my hometown area of the Finger Lakes in Upstate New York, which I find myself missing this time of the year. There was a GORGEOUS hand dyed skein of superwash sock yarn called "Crush Season" and a delicate set of stitch markers that are very elegant looking. The yarn and markers come from Eve at Simply Divine Fibers & Yarns/Spinning Karma. She included a letter with the package on behalf of Charlotte that was very kind and gave a nice description of the colorway:

"The name used for the colorway 'Crush Season' reflects the fall colors seen in my corner of the Finger Lakes Wine Country in NY State. At roadside stands and outdoor markets, the usual produce can be found along with grapes in a wide range of colors. I hope you enjoy what Charlotte picked out for you."

Big hugs and kisses to you! Now I need to find a pattern for this yarn. I am one of the last remaining sock knitters on the planet that has yet to make some Jaywalker's, so I'm thinking that's what I'll do...I'm off to JoAnn's to get some more DPN's...

3 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Blogger Em said...

So does this mean you KNOW who your Sockret Pal is already? I'm not the only one who gave up the ghost- sockretly speaking- at the very first swap? Hmm? Really, really hope so.
Gorgeous gifts!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger BrookeKnits said...

I love the yarn. I have not done jaywalkers either, so don't feel bad. No package from my SP 9 yet.....anticipation. (Brooke in California

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger BrookeKnits said...

OK, second post, just 'cause I got confused. I am "collecting" knitters named Brooke and linking them to my blog (http://knitqmb.glogspirit.net) and check in every so often to see what other "Brookes" are doing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home