Friday, December 29, 2006

Holiday Photos

Here are some holiday photos that were taken while my mom and brother were here a few days ago. We had a great time! Always too short, but I'm sure they couldn't get out of Miami fast enough! haha!!

One word of caution: These photos were taken very early- pre-coffee early, and our hair and clothing choices must be excused...well, OK, everyone else looks fine. I'm the only crazy looking one in the tie-dye t-shirt and red knitting sheep flannel pants...*grin*

Here's Eli and his favorite gift, a lint roller. It's actually Grandma's, but he took a shine to it :) Also note our fabulous no-fuss holiday tree in the background taped to the wall. :P Good stuff!




Of course, the obligatory "bow on head" photo must be included!




Here's a photo of Eli trying to figure out why we keep wanting him to stick his hand inside a big white sock :)




Daddy and Eli opening up presents...Awwww...




Eli checking out his new toy. It's one of those cool noisy button pushing kind of gizmo's that is sure to drive all of us completely nutters one day...




And here's the afore-mentioned crazy lady opening up her FABULOUS gift from the DB...a swift!!! Woo-hoo!! Don't I just look like I won First Prize at the county fair?




If you've never seen a swift before, this is what they look like...




...kidding of course! This is my brother Joel, who was my stand-in swift, before I got the real one! He is holding the Schaefer Trenna yarn for me as I wound it up into a center pull ball. Notice the lovely hair he is sporting in the photo...well, when he got back home to Jacksonville, he headed down to the hair salon and had it cut off and donated to Locks of Love. Kudos to you little bro! Now, let it grow again, damnit!! (you must excuse me. I am so proud of him for doing it, but I am in the "everyone should grow their hair long" camp) Just a funny thing about me, I guess.

Lastly, here's a photo of me and my bubba boy. My mom and Joel are in the background.



Tomorrow will be the great unveiling of my mom's shawl, which she proudly modeled for me in the front yard. Can't wait to show you guys!

4 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger Miz Shoes said...

A swift? And a ball winder? I am sooooooo jealous.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Ann said...

The shots of Eli are cute! Looks like y'all had a good morning.
Strange, your Joel brand swift is shaped much like my Steve brand swift. I would love to trade mine in for the standard swift like the one you received! (Not really trade in mind you, but just put his talents to other pursuits)
What excelllent family you have to be giving you such a great gift!

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger meg said...

yay! looks so fun. i love my ball winder. makes life so much easier.

great pic of you and eli.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Rebecca M. said...

It looks like a wonderful holiday - great to be with family. My bf bought me a ball winder and swift as well - I don't think I could have received anything better! He said, "I know you have a lot of projects you are working on this year, and I thought this might help." yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home