Thursday, December 14, 2006

Hospital Update

Hello! We're back, so I figured I give out the low-down, the skinny, the 411 on what the results are. Well, there's good news and bad news. The good news: when they went down his esophagus with the scope, they found no stricture (large amount of scar tissue) and we were all amazed, because the x-rays showed something completely different. Some more good news: we didn't have to stay overnight at the hospital, which might I add, was an absolutely FANTASTIC hospital for children- I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone.

The bad news, well, now we have to figure out what is really wrong with him. If there is nothing blocking the passage to his stomach, then why is he having problems swallowing/holding down anything solid, that is larger than a pea? We'll be back to the doctor's at the end of the month and I guess we'll take it from there. It's such a guessing game...

I did take my knitting to the hospital and had many people ask me what I was crocheting!! Am I that bad or do people really not know what knitting looks like?! I started a pair of socks using the yarn that Cary sent me. I was going to do Jaywalkers, but then I felt like I needed something very simple and repetitive for the waitng room, so I'm making ribbed socks, for my pleasure :) They may look funny in the photo, and that's because I knit socks inside out. Don't ask me how I managed to learn that way :P Maybe it' s a hidden talent and I'll save the world with it someday *grin*




Also, thanks to everyone for keeping my little guy in their thoughts and prayers. It means more to me than you'll ever know :)

OK, I'm going to pick up on the F.O.B. on #12 "I Will Not" vows that we all make for the holidays.

12) I will not put off sending out holiday cards until the 24th.

11) I will not buy more gift wrap, because I still have 3 rolls from last year.

10) I will not try and make Eli wear a bowtie and sit on some strange man's lap for a photo, just because I think he looks adorable (Eli, not the man with the fake beard)

9) I will not peek, I will not peek, I will not peek...

8) I will not spend alot of money on my cat's stocking, even though I think he'll notice if I'm being cheap.

7) I will pretend not to notice that there is no historical accuracy to the exact date that Jesus was born. Many scholars put his birthdate in the warmer months...hmmm...

6) I will get down off my high horse when it comes to this issue :)

5) I will not be too hard on Al Roker for being such a doofus this time of year or any other....

4) I will not miss the snow, I will not miss the snow...OK, I'll miss the snow :)

3) I will not take all of the candy canes of off the tree and hoard them...I will try to remember what I learned in Kindergarten about sharing.

2) I will not watch The Grinch Who Stole Christmas more than 20 times.

1) I will not forget the main reason for me for this holiday, and that is being with my family :)

3 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Blogger meg said...

hah, love the list. that's like me with a christmas story. i will not watch it more than 17 times.

glad to hear the good news about Eli and that they were good to you guys. that always makes the visit a little nicer. hopefully, you'll figure out what's up soon and it will be a super easy painless fix.

fingers crossed. :)

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Knatty Knitter said...

Great to hear from you, Brooke, and to hear that Eli was OK and didn't have to have any nasty overnight-stay procedure. The socks look gorgeous by the way, such lovely yarn.What is the Jaywalker, might I enquire? A pattern I should lookup? Also like your inside-out take on socks, good for you, man, being unique :) Your list is priceless, I nearly wet myself at the 'wrong birthday' bit (so true by the way...only thing that annoys me more is when they make Jesus white!) Well, have a lovely relaxed weekend, you deserve it. bye for now,

px

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Glad everything went well, though I'm sure not knowing what is really going on must be a bit disappointing. I hope y'all get it figured out soon!
Maybe you and Em knit in the same way - she is always doing and thinking about her knitting backwards. I bet she enjoys hearing that someone else does it too!
I wish we had more snow here. We used to when I was a kid. I feel like I can prove global warming just from my experiences in my short lifetime!
Glad you are back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home