Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Blah-blah-ing

Thanks to everyone for some great slow cooker recipes. I think I'm going to try Cary's (who just had a big cashmere score:) suggestion next week. Sounds interesting. I also found a recipe for meatloaf in a slow cooker- sounds so weird, I just have to try it! I'll let you know how sci-fi it gets :)

Not alot going on. I've been dyeing some new fibers and having a blast. I am reaaaaally loving cashmere...I just want to sleep on it, wear it, rub it against my face...I've been considering being overindulgent and making a cashmere eye pillow filled with lavender and flax seeds. Doesn't that sound divine?

This is the latest cashmere colorway called Seashell. I took a little inspiration from Miz Knotty's suggestion and added a little citrus to it.



I also came up with a new sock yarn colorway called Cinder...totally loving it- It's very bold, spicy, daring...ooh-la-la-ish.




I'm very close to finishing my project for the Knit the Classics KAL. It's been kind of secret, but I'm going to post some pics tomorrow of the progress, because I finally have the pillowcase to go with it (good guess Meg!).

Not much more going on. Looks like we'll be moving at the end of February, so I think I'll get a jumpstart on packing today. Weeeee!!

4 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Miz Shoes said...

1. I WANT WANT WANT that cashmere in the seashell colors. Then I'll knit the eye cozy and stuff it with lavender.

2. Moving? Away from Miami or just away from your current digs...

3. Sorry about last week. When I got home, the RLA said you'd called (didn't get a number for you, though) and then hauled me out to the Guadalajara for Meskin food.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Ms. Knotty said...

Glad you liked my suggetion enough to try a variation of it.


It turned out lovely!

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Em said...

MOVING? Where? Still Florida? How exciting!
I love love LOVE the red. What a shocking color. If only I hadn't just bought my weight's worth in your other yarns... I have to remind myself that this isn't the last time you will ever dye!
Working on the M of A thingy. Will send along progress reports when, well, when there is progress to report ;-).

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Knatty Knitter said...

hello love,
happy birthday! Hope you get a big cake :)

have a wee proposal for you...only if you are up for it...but I got the message from the dishcloth KAL about the swap but I can't take part 'cause haven't been a member for 3 months, buuuuuuut was wondering if you wanted to do a swap with me, since we are both newbies. I would like to send you a little parcel and knit you a cloth and I can make sure it's a pattern from before the time you joined so it'll be something original. What do you think?!

Also I must compliment you again the sheer beauty and originality of your colourways. I'm not allowed to look at your etsy shop for a little while 'cause have to be good and not spend any dough but I look forward to seeing your new ones on your blog. Keep up the stellar work.

px

 

Post a Comment

<< Home