Monday, January 29, 2007

Dirty Knitter Package and Avalon KAL

Hooray! I received my package from my Dirty Knitter swap partner and this is what I found when I opened the box:




...a pair of funky little socks that say Cocktail Hour on them, A cosmo drink kit (because I aspire to be THE entertainer extraordinaire someday :), a gorgeous lace wrap and scarf patern called Estonian Garden Wrap & Scarf by Fiber Trends...and...a GORGEOUS 1460 yard skein of eggplant lace weight Cashwool by Baruffa! Wow!! Enough for the wrap and the scarf! Thanks so much Heatherly for making this such a fun swap! I hope you enjoy your package just as much!

I've been doing a bit of sewing over the past few days...

















I also ordered some new fabric with wicked cool prints off of eBay: mystical horses, tattoed girls, drinking ghouls and Our Lady of Gaudalupe...sound interesting? I can't wait for them to arrive. I'll be sure to post them when they do.

I've also done some dyeing. Here's a new colorway called Rainbow Sprinkles. I simply adore it! It looks like a party! I have no idea what that means, but hey, that's what it feels like to me.



One more bit of IMPORTANT info, Em has been working hard getting the Knitters of Avalon KAL blog up and running. What is it, you ask? Well, why don't ya step on over and check it out...It's a work in progress, but I do know there will be some great prizes and it sure does look to be alot of fun. How can you go wrong: knitting, reading and prizes! You don't want to miss it!

3 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger meg said...

i adore that colorway. must order more of brooks yarn.

great package from your swap! such fun stuff.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Em said...

Help! Have you changed to new blogger? I've been trying to login to old blogger all afternoon to work on Knit Avalon and instead the computer keeps directing me to change to new blogger. I don't want to make a move! I'm being frog-marched in a direction I don't want to go! What do you know about this craziness?!
Otherwise, everything is great here!
Beautiful yarn, it looks exactly like a party.

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Em said...

You're on! I just upgraded you to Admin! Whoo-hoo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home