Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Finally, A Use For My Helmet!

Let me just say how much I love this colorway!! I can't stop looking at it! It's called Alice's Garden, but I should have named it Distracted or Insomniac, because I can't put it down! Please disregard my crazy E.T-like toes, that are painted red for the occasion. I also finally found a use for my motorcycle helmet...




As promised to Em, this is a pic of the yarn I picked up at my LYS yesterday. It's a pretty mercerized cotton that I'm using for my lace panel inset on a pillowcase I am making. It's still kind of a secret project, for what reasons, I don't know, so I' ll probably do the unveiling at the end of the month...that is, if it works out as planned. I haven't even seen the pillowcase in person, so I guessed on the matching yarn...daring...


4 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger meg said...

FUN colors!

my toes are freakishly long. my second toe is even longer than yours. i call them e.t. toes, too. or hammer toes. or finger toes. i can keep going but i won't.

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Those colors are mind-controlling! Maybe you could use them as step one for world domination.
Step one: Knit the world socks in Alice's Garden.
Step 2: Everyone will become Alice's garden zombies, ready to obey your slightest command.
Step 3: Rule judiciously, with laws like: "Every day you must have at least 2 hours of time for crafting, and 3 bars of chocolate."
Did I mention you would also make chocolate a health food?

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Cary said...

Love those toes, Brooke ;) Oh, and the yarn! You are just wonderfully brilliant with your colors, so fun to look at while winter is outside my window....hugs, Cary

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Em said...

I'm with Ann- and with the power of Knitty Yoda on this one, I'm sure you two would gently and humanely conquer the rest of us easily entertained mortals.
Those colors are too good! Where does all this fabulousness come from? How do you make these gorgeous color schemes? Where do you get those wonderful toys?!
Can't wait to see the Super-Top-Secret project! The yarn for it looks perfect- sort of moody and haunting...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home