Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Moody and Haunting...

That is the best description I've heard for yarn lately!! Em, you're too funny! I thought I'd reveal what moody and haunting yarn knits up like...




Wait!! Come back! Where are you going?! I know you've been subjected to two posts with pictures of my strange toes and now my crooked thumb, but look at the knitting, I beg of you :) I know we can all move past calling me a freak, a circus sideshow, and wondering if the carnival came to town the night I was conceived...I have feelings too, darnit! *sniff- sniff* .....Ahhhhh TOTALLY kidding, but I'm sure you knew that.

Seriously though, I'm loving this cotton yarn and am really happy with the results so far. I love the lace pattern, too. It's called Love Braid- can you see the hearts? Kind of looks like I'm making gloves, doesn't it? I think two people know what it's going to be...still keeping it a surprise!

I've recently been asked where I get my ideas for some of the colorways I do. I would love to say that I've studied at the finest dye pots in France, spent years slaving over boiling cauldrons in Tibet, but alas, the only thing I can come up with is that maybe the circus really does come to town everyday...in my head!! When I start envisioning the colors swirling together, I know I've got something. I look to nature alot and my dreams. I find the best colors there!

Ever since I read Ann's comment to my last post, I've been envisioning a colorway called "Zombie." (love the comment by the way! Total global domination- woo-hoo!) I am being totally serious here regarding the colorway, though. I don't think it will appeal to the masses, but I'm sure someone out there will appreciate it. I think it will be great for horror fans and movie monster fanatics (I have one in my house, so he'll be the guinea pig:), and of course, zombies. Just picture a zombie foot, and there you have the colors. Hmmmm...do I need to get out more? *grin*

4 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Ms. Knotty said...

I don't think it's Moody or Haunting! My first thought was "Ohh-lah-lah" followed by thoughts of ocean waves. It's wonderful how different colors evoke different images and thoughts for each of us.

The pattern you're using is really cute and I love the little hearts.

Gotta ask... Is that "I'm not really a waitress" on your toes? That's my toe color of choice and what I'm currently wearing. I bet in Miami you have to always have great looking toes for that perennial flip-flop weather you have.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger meg said...

To ms. knotty - I'm not really a waitress by OPI is MY FAVE! The best best standby color of all time. I have multiple bottles hanging around my house. I actually thought the same thing when I looked at your toes, Brooke.

Cute pattern. Is that for a pillow?

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Rebecca M. said...

Oh, I really like how that is knitting up - I love watching projects grow!

Also, I love I'm Not Really a Waitress - works in every season, great for holidays, just great for everything. Love it!

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Ms. Knotty said...

I'd personally love to see a yarn with chocolate brown paired with pink or turquoise and a dash of cream. Mmmmm.... that would make lots a yummy and fine things!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home