Thursday, January 25, 2007

My SP9 revealed!!

Cue in dramatic music please...my SP9 has revealed herself, and let me tell ya, she was good at keeping her identity under wraps!! Her name is Dawn, she resides in New Jersey and you can find her here. She is responsible for my latest lace shawl, and I am so thankful that she introduced me to this fiber!! It is absolutely heavenly to work with. Thanks for being such a great Secret Pal and making my first Secret Pal swap enjoyable! Three cheers for Dawn!! I'll definitely be signing up if there's an SP10.

I also wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone for all of the wonderful birthday greetings! It was a lovely day- I think the nicest gift of all was the inpouring of birthday wishes- If I could count my blessings through birthday wishes, I would be considered a very wealthy woman. Thank you again for making me feel so special :) ...*tear*

I ended the day by meeting up with some wonderful individuals at Panera's for dinner and knitting afterwards. It was our first meeting. There were three of us and we were joined shortly by my neighbor, which if I might add, was very nice of her to stop in. I'm thinking (and hoping) that it will become a regular occurance, because it's so nice to find other people of like-minds. Very hard to do in this city. There's a different kind of vibe to this place...

Anyway, I've finished the lace panel for my pillowcase and have blocked it. I think I'm going to starch it a bit before I pull it off of the super expeeeeensive piece of cardboard. You know, the kind that only us professionals use...*schnort* haha!! Yeah, right...All kidding aside, I'm super happy with the results so far and hope to attach it to the pillowcase this weekend.






One more thing: Virgin births...very interesting...you should click here...

2 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger Knatty Knitter said...

Great, how exciting...cant wait to do a swap with you. Was thinking just sometime in February, would that be ok with you? if that's too quick latter is no problem with me. Also I wanted to send you a few extra things, not just the cloth and soap or something, but again please feel free to only send what you want to. we can put a limit on it if you want to. Sorry, this is so vague (never ask a Gemini to make decisions!lol!) let me know what you think.

Amazing lace btw. So intricate and delicate looking. Glad you had a great birthday. Did you get an cool gifts?

px

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger knitwhit said...

You are so very welcome, Brooke! I've had a wonderful time getting to know you, especially as it IS so difficult to find like-minded people! The shawl looks amazing, and I'm so glad you love the yarn. Your evil not-so-secret pal anymore,
Dawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home