Saturday, January 13, 2007

Show and Tell Day

I'm not feeling to very vocal today, but I do have some pics to share!

Here's my first FO of the year. Nothing fancy-schmancy. Utilitarian at best, but hey...I finished it :) It goes great with the soap Cary sent my way. It was the first dishcloth of the year in the Monthly Dishcloth KAL.




Here's some of my lovely ladies that I am saying good-bye to. They will be making their way across the pond to England on Monday.




I've also worked a bit on my lace shawl and am sooooo loving the pattern. It looks like falling leaves. You can't really see the detail in the photo, because it's bunched together, but trust me, it's wicked cool!




I just received this GORGEOUS, heavenly, dreamy, holy shit this stuff is soft, cashmere yarn in the mail. 800 splendid yards of laceweight yarn. I can't decide what color this will become, but I sure am open to suggestions! This stuff is so soft, you can see it's halo in the pic. Wow...




Last but not least, we have a new blogger in the land and she has recently purchased the coolest, most craziest handspun I have even seen!! You must go check it out :) I can't wait to see what she does with it :)

3 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger The Hubba said...

Er... both? Neither? It's all Greek to me!
Seriously, either is fine. I think I've mainly bought The merino (as we say in the South) but I'd be fine with The superwash too.
Your yarn going across the ocean is brilliant! Lucky damn Brits!
Gorgeous shawl. Just gorgeous.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Em said...

Hey Brooke- that last post- under The Hubba- that was me! I wasn't logged in properly! Oops! That's where drinks in the middle of the afternoon get you!

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Dishcloth looks great - the yarn looks just lovely!!! You really have a great eye for colors.
You're making good progress on the shawl!
Cashmere...
I'm green and drooling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home