Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A Whole Year of Projects?

Well, here we are. 2007. Hmmm...OK...

I'm going to take a moment, catch my breath, and look around and see what needs to be done.

I've decided to make a list of current UFO's and this will be my resolution for the year...finish what I've started. A fellow blogger is doing a Year Long Stash-Along, a stash busting project, which I think is mighty courageous. She is vowing not to buy any more yarn until she has used up what is in her stash. Brave soul that she is, I wish her luck, even though I'm green with envy over her huge collection of yarn :P Maybe by the end of this list, I will have discovered that I too have too much yarn, and will decide to join her...

This is what I've come up with:

1) My lace shawl. This will get finished, because I've already frogged and restarted it once, so it must be good! haha! I'm using the yarn that my wonderful Secret Pal sent me :)




2) My Sock-ret pal's socks.

3) My Crush Season socks that Cary, my dear and beloved Sock-ret Pal sent me.

4) Jack's Joey Ramone doll from the Stitch N Bitch Nation book.

5) My beaded scarf, using Artyarns Silk Rhapsody.

6) 10 more preemie hats.

7)My watercolor socks.

Well, I don't think I'm quite ready to swear off any yarn purchases...maybe next year!

7 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger Miz Shoes said...

GAH!!!! A Joey Ramone doll? I MUST MAKE ONE!!!

also? if you guys get a chance, try and catch the Pirate Mutiny show at Bicentennial Park. It's like a Cirque du Soliel for kids. With Pirates. YARRRRR.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger cecily said...

that yarn is GORGEOUS! :D

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Ann said...

The shawl is looking good - the yarn is beaustiful!

I like the beaded scarf too!

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Ann said...

I just noticed I typed in beautiful wrong. Please know that I do know the real way to spell it!

You are already halfway through the Woman in White!! Heavens to Betsy!
I've just started it - checked it out yesterday, and am not really into it yet. I've been trying to read Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy this past month and it is slow going. I think it has put me in a bit of a block when it comes to reading something not written by JK Rowling. I hope to get enough into TWIW tonight to get me interested.
Good to know you're enjoying it - it makes me want to give it a more fair shake.
I'm off to make some raspberry leaf tea to help get this baby out and sit down to read and knit!

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Em said...

I love your listamania! And what a good one. Really like setting the premie hat goals for yourself; I feel inspired to do the same for some Vol knitting ;-).
Since you and Knitty Yoda are on the book kick, I'll mention I just cracked open "Mists of Avalon." Very much enjoying thus far, tho' I might have to keep a list of characters- I'm thinking there might be hundreds by the end. Good luck with Woman in White, Speed Reader!

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Ms. Knotty said...

I'm so glad I've caused you to look at your stash and consider the "unfinished business" at hand. I realized this past weekend that I may have to add an addendum to the SAL. I need to buy and additional ball or 2 to finish a project that I underestimated yarn for. That will have to be permissable or it will never get finished!

The things you've shown in this post are really beautiful! Finish 'em girl! ;-)

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Knatty Knitter said...

HEllo love, how are you? Long time no see, as we say here :) I've missed you and your blogs and have just had a big marathon reading session to catch up with a cup of teain the hand and I am just so happy!! Your mother's shawl is a credit to you, its fabulous I don't know how you do it. And, though it has been sais many times but I want ot say it again, what a lovely family you have...Eli is the cutest thing ever. Lucky duck getting a swifter...I'm still saving up for a winder. Being home has been great, but very little knitting done and you know me and photos...procrastination and Parisa start with a 'P'...none up yet but atleast I have blogged. Looking forward to catching up with you and YEAY for joining the dishcloth knitalong. Should be a laugh :)

cyber-hugs,
Px

 

Post a Comment

<< Home