Thursday, March 15, 2007

Miami-Dade County Fair

Eli and I made a little field trip to the fair today. It was really cool, because we got in for free with a Stay-At-Home Mommie group. If it's free, it's for me!! :P

Out of all of the rides, games, kids, exhibits, etc., Eli had the best time with the soda vending machine buttons and working on his extensive leaf collection...




He also enjoyed his $20.00 bottle of water..just kidding. It wasn't that bad, only $2.00.





We did manage to get him on a ride. He was crazy for the cars that go around in a circle ride. The pictures may not look like he's enjoying himself, but trust me, he was! Note the intense tongue of concentration. He didn't want to get off!




This is my favorite picture of the day. I love how his shaggy little head of hair is blowing in the breeze. I'm not sure if anyone has seen the movie High Spirits, but his hair is reminding me so much of Liam Neeson's character in the movie! If you haven't seen the movie, put it on your list- it's a classic ghost movie from the 80's with Darryl Hannah, Liam Neeson, Peter O'Toole and Steve Gutenberg...remember Steve Gutenburg anyone? I just totally dated myself...



5 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Knatty Knitter said...

YEAY for fieldtrips. looks like a blast. makes me want candy-floss stat! oh wait I think it is called cotton candy in the states...sweet!

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger meg said...

super cute pics. looks like he had a blast.

steve guttenberg was totally in cocoon, police academy, and 3 men and a baby! love it.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger knitwhit said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I love taking my son to the fair; I'm so jealous!

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger a blossom knits said...

Your little guy is just too cute. I'll be his date for the Prom if he doesn't have one in line yet. :)

Finally, a knitting buddy from the other side of Florida! *wave*

I can't wait for my knitting bag. :D

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Hooray for High Spirits! I didn't know anyone else had ever seen that movie! And yes, I do remember Steve Gutenburg. I think I've seen a little too many of his movies. My older sister had quite a thing for him at one point. Did you ever see "Don't tell them it's me" or the title was something like that. It had Shelley Long in it as his sister. It's a funny one.
Liam was great in High Spirits.
You really crack me up with this stuff! I was just talking to my older sister about Steve G. just the other day.
How weird.
Eli is so cute. Looks like y'all had a great day at the fair!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home