Friday, March 16, 2007

Mists of Avalon Project

I thought it was about time I posted some knitting related stuff, so I whipped out the camera last night for an impromptu photo shoot of the WIP for the Mists of Avalon KAL. I've decided to use the yarn that Cary sent me, because I wanted to go natural, no dyes, and this stuff is right off the sheep and rabbit's back! No animals were harmed while making this yarn :) I've decided to make a cowl, and I've also decided to make it without a pattern...could get interesting... This is my first shot at designing, so I'm not so sure what it's going to turn out like, but I am enjoying the creative process and going into the unknown. For the upper edge, I'm doing a simple lace pattern with the tan Shetland Wool. When that's done, I'm putting in a few rows of eyelets, so that I can weave ribbon in and out of it, then I'll switch to the white angora/corriedale mix for the body of the cowl. I'll work in another lace pattern there. I'm not sure about the bottom of it just yet. I'll have to see when I get there!




I've also been working on a bunch of sock project knitting bags and this is my latest. I LOVE this fabric. I think I'll keep one of these for myself :)


3 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger knitwhit said...

The cowl is a wonderful idea, and should turn out beautifully! And I love your bags! You should definitely keep one for yourself!

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger a blossom knits said...

What exactly is the "Mists of Avalon" project? I've read the book and it's one of my top faves. I'm assuming this has something to do with the Arthurian legends.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Good luck on your designing! I know it will turn out great.
I am completely loving my Movie Monsters sock knitting bag. You really do great work. THanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home