Friday, March 30, 2007

Quiet moments

Everyday, Eli and I go out for a walk in the afternoon and he's always collecting feathers, rocks, nuts and such, but yesterday was especially exciting! Look at the beautiful snail shell he found. It's a pretty good sized shell, being about two inches across. Yes, I get excited over the little things...I'm thinking of cleaning it out (don't worry, the snail is long gone) and painting some kind of woad colored blue design on it...




Seeing what he collects and what is important in his world, always brings a smile to my face :)


Due to our long walks and no naps for two days in a row...arrrgggg...the wee one crashed out early on the couch with his daddy...





I couldn't resist taking a picture.

4 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger Knatty Knitter said...

What a beautiful soul Eli is...so clever to know what is real treasure in the world so young. and the sleepy pic, too sweet!!!

your mother is the best ever, that castle looks amazing and really posh!! I am super jealous, I should become a tourist just so I can stay in all those places I would never get to as a native :)

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger a blossom knits said...

Awww, that is too sweet! I just love Daddy/kids pics. John showed me a picture (when we were at his parents' in NC) of his dad holding him . . it was taken by his uncle . . . totally not staged, his dad had no idea there was a camera around. The look of love on his dad's face is just . . it takes my breath away. It warms my heart to see these candid photos. Thanks for sharing!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger DebbieKnitter said...

awwwww that picture says it all. Thanks for sharing. I personally am diggin' the snail shell!

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Dharmafey said...

Hey Brooke,
What a sweet post! I feel we should become great friends and that you should move out of Miami into the woods somewhere. My goal is to get back to the Berkshires in MA. Speaking of which, I'm about to sign up for Rites this year: http://www.earthspirit.com/ros/rosb.html
You should totally come!!! You could light the fires from the South... Our kids could play. Sniff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home