Friday, March 09, 2007

Wooly Woolness

Hooray for March! I'm loving this month so far. Things are getting back on track and I'm knitting again! I'm diligently working my way through my dishcloth for Parisa, and can't wait to finish it for her and put her package in the mail. We decided to do our own dishcloth swap, because we fell under the membership deadline for the Monthly Dishcloth KAL swap, so we went out on our own :) I'm also getting back to my shawl and finishing up the socks for my Sock-ret Pal.

I also need to say thank you to Cary, my Sock-ret Pal, for sending me the most divine assortment/sampler of her yarn...from her very own sheep at Serenity Farms. The brown is 100% Corriedale, the pale tan is Shetland, the grey is Corriedale and Angora and the white is also Corriedale and Angora. It is GORGEOUS! I'm thinking of making some sort of Fair Isle tam/beret out of it. I love the natural tones- so very pretty. Thank you again Cary. *BIG smile*




Tomorrow is Eli's 2nd birthday...OMG...where does the time go? I'm thinking we'll be making our pilgrimage to Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate...we must love him, to take him there on a Saturday!!

Welll, I'm off to make some more bags- I've become addicted to sewing lately...love the sound of that little engine whirring right along with me...

3 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger meg said...

gorgeous yarn.

happy birthday to eli!

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Cary said...

I'm glad you like the wool, Brooke...though I know it will probably not get chilly enough in Florida to wear it (grin)...maybe for those trips to see your mom? Or how about a visit to Michigan to see me and meet the sheep in person? Eli could feed them cookies!

A very happy birthday to Eli - I know he will get lots of cuddles from you all ;)

Hugs, Cary

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Dharmafey said...

How totally funny, Brooke! Cary was my sockret pal, too! It's turning into a small world around here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home