Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Baggage

*grin* I've been sewing my little fingers to the bone over the past few days, and I thought I'd share a few pictures. The first bag is a custom order bag for Wendy aka skywitch, posted here for her perusal...





















I absolutely love this fabric- it is so "alive." I always love working with what someone else picked out, because I get to see a new perspective. It's kind of like looking through someone else's eyes. I can't wait to get it in the mail to her best friend!

The second bag is the first bag that I officially made for myself and didn't jut keep as an afterthought. I found a small amount of this fabric online and snatched it up right away. I do have a gnome obsession as of late, and this bag just scratches that itch.




This fabric is so representative of what I think I would see if I were ever lucky enough to happen upon the fey folk during a walk in the woods.... If you step back from the bag, it looks like a bunch of pretty colors blending together, kind of earthy. It's when you get closer, the details appear, and there they are hidden! Dragons, gnomes, fairies and elves...this fabric makes me soooo very happppy :)






















I do have enough fabric to make one more bag. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll make it up and list it as Reserved just for you.

xo

5 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger Knatty Knitter said...

aaww thank you for the sweet comment :) can't wait to meet Meg too, will be lovely. hopefully we will have time to meet up. Lovely bags too, by the way...I was going to ask you if you had anything with (this is going to sound crazy) elephants on it? My secret pal collects elephants and I thought a project bag with elephants on it would be brilliant.

hope you and the lovely Eli are well and happy :)

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger knitwhit said...

Lovely bags, Brooke, as usual.

The waters have reced here, and things are back to normal. Now, if we'll ever see the sun again is another matter...

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Ann said...

The fabric for Wendy's bag is beautiful. The colors really pop out from that black.
If no one has claimed it yet, I truly would love a bag in the rest of the fairy fabric. That stuff is incredible.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Em said...

You're switched! Whoo-hoo! Good job lady!
I love the sock bags. In fact, earlier today, I was admiring the monster mash bag Ann bought. Gorgeous!
Did you get my email? Filled with nonsense and chitter-chatter? You know, the usual ;-).
Will write again soon! Glad all is well.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Rebecca M. said...

Hi Brooke - I would love to knit some socks for you. I sent you a message via etsy - let me know if you have any questions. Thanks so much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home