Friday, April 13, 2007

Lost and Found

I've had some amazing lost and found experiences within the past few days. Thought I'd share them with you. This may take awhile, so pour yourself a cup of coffee, and get your comfy sweats on :)

I was walking down the street one day and I said, "Universe, I really need a pair of sunglasses. It's so bright here..." A few days later, the DB took wee man to the playground and he found these:




I'm a dork, you say? Why yes I am! Thanks for noticing! These sunglasses are soooo not me, but you know what? They were free and I'll wear the crap out of them! ...well, maybe not in Ireland. They may think I'm some huge famous rockstar or something... :P

I also found these earings that were lost...under a bunch of junkmail on the dining room table...it's so hard to find good help these days...wow, I really do live in fantasyland...rockstar, maid, what's next? Anyway, my bestest friend in the whole wide world sent them to me last week. They're stirling silver with Tiger Eye and Moonstone- my favorite :) She found them in a vintage store and knew they belonged to me...isn't she brilliant? Thanks Misty!




Two days ago, I opened my mailbox and found these inside.



They're stroopwafels from Holland. A very thoughtful knitter who has stopped by my store a few times, sent them as a thank you gift for shipping international. Wasn't that thoughtful? I will totally work for cookies! They're like little waffles with caramel in between. Eli reeeeeally liked them. Pay no attention to the blue spot on his nose...he got into my nailpolish that day...Thanks so much Jenneke!




I also found this in the mail:




What traveling sock knitter would be complete without it? *grin*

Last but certainly not least, I opened up my door yesterday and found the most awesome box of goodies that my KTC swap partner sent me. This was such an awesome surprise! Before I list the items, I must first make mention of how well Sarah did putting this together- she covered all the bases and then some- Inside I found two books, yes folks, two books- The Squires Tale by Gerald Morris and The Secret of Jin-Shei by Alma Alexander- the spooky/funny part to this is that a few days ago, I told myself I needed to find two books to bring with me to Ireland. Now that's covered! I also found a GORGEOUS skein of recycled sari silk from frabjous fibers. This was so cool to discover!! I have yet to work with sari silk and now I get the chance! There was also a tin of ginger-lime tea which is supposed to make a wonderful sun tea (she definitely sent it to the right place!), a package of currant scone mix, Patchouli soap in all these cool swirling colors (good call!), a tin of tangerine lip butter, a pack of book plates, a small pad of paper, and the most perfect gift in the world for my little guy- a retractable sewers tape measure...whew...I think I covered it all! Note: not all items are shown in photo, because they mysteriously became the property of the little man and "moved"...Thank you soooooo very much Sarah- you really outdid yourself and I hope you enjoy your package as well!




OK, I think I'm up to date- have a fabulous weekend!

5 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger a blossom knits said...

I think you look awesome in the shades, mom!! :) The earrings are pretty . . nice re-find. I'm dying for a cookie now . . thanks so much. The stash you received looks so perfect . . and the traveling sock thing too!!

It was nice to hear your voice. :)

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger DebbieKnitter said...

Oh I am so diggin' the shades and earrings...hey, and the best part..FREE!! LOL I have to admit that I am a HUGE thrift store whore and I haven't found any good scores like that in a LONG time LOL...I know, I know, some people HATE thrift stores, the whole used clothing thing but hey, when you have one income and kids that are sprouting out of their clothes quicker than you can change your undies, well, you don't so much mind seconds...they wash in a washer LOL. Happy Weekend and I am gonna be knittin' up some Bewitched LOL

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger meg said...

Brooke, you rock those glasses. If they aren't your style they could very easily be. I wear huge sunglasses all the time. I love them and feel anonymous in them and find it so easy to people watch and while thinking no one can really tell that I'm staring at them. I'm sure that's not the case but oh well.

Great earrings and package. :) I love that headband, too.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Em said...

What cool stories! Thanks for sharing! I especially love the "Universe I need sunglasses." And Meg's right- you do rock the shades. I thought "JLo? JLo, is that you?" for a second!
I can't wait for your Ireland trip- is that weird?! NOT to get you out of the country, I just can't wait for the pictures and the stories. It's too exciting.
Keep up the good work. You are workin' the law of attraction!

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Misty said...

A beautiful story Brooke! You find sometimes, you may not get what ya need, but you get what ya want! Even if you didn't know you wanted it until you got it! I love you! You shined those studs up nicely! Misty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home