Monday, April 23, 2007

Some pictures from my backyard

And when I say backyard, I mean this really pretty park in Miami, called Pinecrest Gardens. It's one of our favorite places to go, and this is why: (not to mention the fact that it's also free, free, free!)





I love banyan trees.




There's also a lake here, which to me is the only thing that feels staged, but hey, they have iguanas on their payroll, so I'm OK with it :) Doesn't it look like you should be playing mini-golf here? All they need is a dutch windmill.




Now it's time to play count the iguanas...




A close-up of one of the little suckers...




There's also a small lilypond, which I thought was pretty.




But I think my all time favorite spot in the park is where the magical pink tree lives. This is a photo looking up into it.



And that's my little slice of paradise in Miami.

5 Comments:

At 5:25 AM, Blogger Dharmafey said...

Banyan trees....I got to go kayaking through banyan trees in the Bahamas. Okay, okay, you win as far as the nice places to live contest goes.

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Em said...

Lucky! That is amazing. What a lovely thing for a city to have and offer to people (for free!). No doubt there's lots of good sock color inspiration too, eh? Perhaps more of those gorgeous pinky colors? Not that I'm hinting or anything.
Hint, hint.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger a blossom knits said...

This looks like heaven!! Thank you for posting some of Miami . . I've never been there and my little sister lives there . . so this is so nice to see an area where she is. I'm going to tell her of this place and make sure she goes!

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Ms. Knotty said...

That's a really gorgeous place. I can almost smell the tropical air. That kind of scenery is your trade-off for not being able to wear wool hats.

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Banyan trees are awesome. THat is one of the things we don't get up here in the northern south.
Bruce is enjoying looking at the pictures of the iguanas!
Your last picture looks like bouganvilla (I know I'm not spelling that right.). There are some great reasons to live so far south!
Our parks aren't near as interesting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home