Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Thought


I was outside this morning taking pictures for Etsy, and happened to look to my right and notice this one tiny yellow flower in a vast sea of St. Augustine grass. Something struck me as entirely profound about this little flower standing alone, waiting to be noticed. It seemed as if she didn't care, really, if anyone ever came along. Her existence goes on with or without us. Talk about doing your own thing!

I often wonder how many "little flowers" I miss, because I don't take the time to stop and really look around. Notice the little things. The details. I get so caught up in deadlines and worries and the mundane activities that fill up my waking hours. So much time is spent doing things for others, changing diapers, wiping noses, things I wouldn't trade for the world, mind you, but they do take up a great portion of the day...well, I could do without the diapers! :) I can't wait to get to Ireland, where I can just sit on the side of the road and watch the world go by.

1 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

How true! and so well said. You should do some writing - if you don't already. I love the bags too - on your other post. stunning. Do you use them as your purse, or whatever, or more like project bags for knitting??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home