Sunday, May 20, 2007

Detour for yarn

Taking a short detour from the Ireland photos, I thought I'd share a picture of some of my handspun yarn, done on a drop spindle. It's 100% merino roving from Ashford, approximately 500 yards. I'm very pleased :) It only took me three months to spin!! haha!




The second photo is of a skein of yarn I'm working on for a certain someone out there! I'm attempting to capture the elusive Tiffany Blue. :) Being a person who has never had the good fortune of receiving one of these little treasure boxes, I'm going purely on internet photos. There's a few subtle color gradations of Blue with a hint of White, symbolizing the ribbon.



4 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger knitting2relax said...

Major drooling over the handspun.

Wouldn't know a Tiffany's box if I fell over it, but you have the colors matching. LOL

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Cary said...

Its just so great to have you back...and I am loving the picture tour of your trip!

Hugs, Cary

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Bryony Ramsden said...

Those are beautiful - you really are making up for your absence :) The photos from the trip are great too!

Did you get my email about the package? The socks are WONDERFUL. Thank you so much :)

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger skywitch said...

I have a silver bookmark from Tiffany's, and you did a beautiful job on the color.

Gorgeous handspun--you should be so proud! The color is incredible.

Love seeing the pictures of your trip--looks like you had a great time. I'm glad you're home, though--now I can resume stalking your Etsy shop!

Hope your son is doing well--the poor little guy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home