Thursday, May 17, 2007

Whew...I'm back...to normal at last :)

Long story short, I'm back, Eli has a broken arm, which is now on the mend- he decided to stage dive out of his crib while I was away. No one told him that in order to successfully stagedive, one needs actual people on the other end to catch him...No, I'm not making light of his injury, I was horrified by it, I'm just making the best of the situation now. 2 weeks, 4 days and that sucker comes off!! Woo-hoo!!

I also had a nice bout of the stomach flu the day after I returned, so I was not having a good time of it...That's the bad stuff, now on to the good! My mom is getting married (Sadie, Sadie, married lady- anyone get that reference?) *grin* I'll be taking Eli on his first airplane trip in June, and I'm actually looking forward to it :) Thinking positive...

I have a gazillion photos from my trip, some coming at a later date from my mom's camera, so I'm just going to post a few every day. Ireland was AMAZING. There was a suspicious lack of yarn though, for a country so rich in sheep...hmmm...I guess I didn't have the secret handshake :)

The trip started off great, with free champagne on the plane!! Hooray for free booze! Delta came out of bankruptcy and wanted to get all their passengers drunk :) I only made one small mistake in my knitting...




Our first day was spent in Cashel. There aren't a whole lot of photos from this day, because we were a bit jetlagged and out of our minds :) I do believe the Cashel was the place where St. Patrick offered a clover to one of the chieftan's in order to explain the trinity of Christianity...I think...maybe he thought the guy just needed more fiber in his diet.




Contemplation on the Rock of Cashel...or maybe she's catching up on her sleep...either way, my mom and I both agreed on the beauty of the vista. There's a name to the countryside and for the life of me, I can't remember...it was the horn of plenty or the vale of goodness or something fruitful like that.




I do think that my favorite area in this town was the monastic ruins of the Hore Abbey...get yer minds out of the gutter people! Monty Python and Mel Brooks had nothing to do with the name...It was named after some Hore guy...OK, I'll just stop now...




Well, that's all I have for Day 1- like I said, I was not in my right mind that day! Tomorrow we go to Dublin!

3 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger knitting2relax said...

Thanks for the pictures! I love taking virtual trips.


Here is continual hope that the weeks with the cast go really quickly. :)

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger knitwhit said...

I'm so glad you had a nice time, and I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. As for Eli, I'm so glad it was *only* his arm that was broken, and sometimes our hardest lessons are also the most painful. Tell Eli to heal quickly!

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger a blossom knits said...

WELCOME BACK!!! I so missed you! I don't think there was a day that went by that I didn't wonder what you were doing and hoping you were having a great time. The pics are wonderful, thank you for sharing.

Sorry to hear about Eli. I can just imagine your horror upon returning. Suffice it to say that the little guy sure has a will to find a way, eh? Sheesh!!!

I'll be tuning in during the coming days to see more pics.

:D It's good to see you back. *HUG*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home