Thursday, August 23, 2007

SP 11 Questionaire

Hooray for SP 11!! I know I'm late in posting this, but better late than never :) Life just carries you away sometimes.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Handspun yarn is my TOTAL weakness right now...cant't get enough of it :) I'm also addicted to sock yarn :) I love superwash and superwash blends.
What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Squeeky acrylic :( It will always have a special place in my heart, because that's what I learned with as a child, but it doesn't have a place in my knitting basket anymore:)

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? A cardboard box...gasp!

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? I started knitting when I was 7- my grandma taught me how- yay grandma! I put it down when I discovered boys and didn't pick it back up until a few years ago when I came to my senses!
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I'm intermediate, I do believe. There are still a few things that elude me...

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Not anymore. I think I'll create one though...

5. What's your favorite scent? I love spicy and I also love fruity. I'm not into heavy florals, but a light one can be nice. I also love Cookie/Food scented candles.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? I have a sweet tooth, but not for chocolate. I like hard candy- sour balls, lollypops, etc.

7. Favorite candy? See above :)

8.What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I really don't have alot of time for other crafts right now, with a toddler running around! I do like to sew, though and do cross stitch

9. Do you spin? Very little- It's another thing I'll pick up after the boy is grown.

10. What kind of music do you like? I like folk music, rock, bluegrass, basically anything with a good beat.

11.Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) My computer can play CD's.

10. What's your favorite color(s)? I love purple, pink, raspberry, and red. I really like jewel tones- green and blue, but then again, I like earthy colors as well, when mixed together, like sage, violet and grey...I think I just love color

11. Any colors you just can't stand? I'm not a fan of yellow.

12. What is your family situation? I am a single mom, with a toddler- he's two and a half. I work full time from home, to be able to keep him out of daycare, and pick-up work on the weekends to supplement the income. I'm tired alot lately, but it's worth it :)

13. Do you have any pets? I have one kitty- an old siamese cat named Sam.

14. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? All of the above except for ponchos. I've just moved from Florida to Tennessee and am looking forward to wearing wool this year!!!

15. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I'm addicted to sock knitting. I also love hats gloves, bags and am working on my first sweater :)

16. What are you knitting right now? Socks...of course :) Holiday presents, a sweater and two bags.

17. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I adore handmade gifts :)

18. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I use them all, but I definitely prefer natural materials- wood and bamboo.

19. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Both

20. How old is your oldest UFO? Over a year...gasp!!

21. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween

22. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn..haha!! Refrigerator magnets (lost all of mine in the move), small blue glass bottles, garden gnomes, stained glass sunlight catchers, good recipes.

23. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I would love to try some addi's. I also would love some size 2 ebony DPN's for knitting luxurious socks! *grin* Books- I'm wanting the sock book that Vogue put out, with their best patterns in it. There's also the Knitted Tam's book that I've been eyeing.

24. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?hmmm...must think on that...

25. Are you a sock knitter? Yup

26.What are your foot measurements? I wear a size 9 US shoe. My foot circumference is: 8 inches

27. When is your birthday? Jan 25th

28. Are you on Ravelry?Not yet
If so, what's your ID?

1 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger Polly said...

I'm sure you spoiler will be thrilled to see this. I know so many of them have been chomping at the bit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home